Sunday, May 16, 2010

Red Bud Tree in bloom- PS'd


Another beautiful day here, and the temperature was perfect.  I asked Hubby to get out my small rototiller so that I could dig up my garden patch, and I'm happy to say it's now all planted.  It's an 8' x 10' space at the front of the garage next to the lawn.  In previous years, I've planted tomatoes, cucumbers, summer squash, and a few flowers and herbs.  This year I planted sunflowers against the garage and a Songbird Flower Mix in the rest of the space.  We'll see.  It should be colorful.  I may put a tomato plant in a container on the patio this year.  I'm stiff this evening after using the rototiller, but not too bad.  It's a small gas-powered engine, and it's not heavy, but there's a certain amount of wrestling it about and controlling it.  Not something I'm used to at all.

I started reading my Photoshop Elements manual(s) tonight.  My friend Cathy loaned me two, and I had already bought one myself.  She made a great suggestion.  She said to pick one topic and read that topic in each manual to see which one works best for me.  I thought that was a great idea.  It seems to me that the manual that I prefer is the one I bought myself, so that's a good thing.  Boy, there's a ton of stuff to learn.  You see here the photo I took this spring, and the photoshopped copy made to look like a watercolor painting.  The jpeg format needed to put it on the web has made the image look somewhat washed out.  Much better before I put it on the web.

1 comment:

  1. I've been planting too! I have a tiny garden but I love it! Have a great week~ ann

    ReplyDelete