Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saturday

Today was yard sailing day.  We were supposed to have rain, but it never materialized.  However, it was really windy all day.  And the "haul" was wonderful.  Three round tables and a great cart that will live on the patio.  Also, a brand new birdhouse lamp.  Very nice, and I needed one to replace the table lamp in my craft room that was broken.  Sharon scored an adorable FREE 2-piece rabbit adorned concrete fountain.  The woman who gave it to her said she had had it for about 10 years, and was getting a larger one tomorrow, perhaps as a Mother's Day gift.  When we got to Sharon's house, she put the bowl piece in the flower garden and will put a flower pot inside, and the top with the rabbits is now a garden ornament.

I picked up a number of smaller things that I will be able to use in making crafts, and a great top in my size for 50 cents.  How cool is that?  Tomorrow I want to work outside on the patio and in the flower garden to take care of the weeds.  I also want to rototill the patch of garden next to the garage where I usually plant tomatoes.  This year I have sunflower seeds and other flower seeds that will go in their place.

Happy Mother's Day, all you mothers out there in cyberspace.  I hope you have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment