Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Shabby, Shabbier, Shabbiest

Watched a DVD of Rachel Ashwell's called Shabby Chic to get some inspiration for decor or whatever. It left me a little cold. She's just too over the top with her sentimentality. A little of the inspirational poems and sentiments hanging around the house goes a long way for me. I know it's a look, but she carries it too far. The nightly notes on her daughter's milk and cookie tray were just too dear for my taste. Once in a while, but every single night? Sigh ...

I did like one of the sayings that was on a vintage watercolor she found at a flea market - "Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself." That's nice. I may try to do a watercolor and put the saying on mine.

The missing library CD is still evading me. I'm getting worried ...

Made Yakamein for dinner tonight, and it turned out pretty well. Also some corn bread that was very tasty but very crumbly.