Wednesday, June 2, 2010

To Do or Not To Do

I made a "To Do" list this morning, and it's really long.  I put all kinds of things I don't want to forget about on it, and that's a good thing, but it sure makes the list seem like forever.  So far I struck off 2 things - washing the kitchen floor and cleaning the guest bathroom.  And, surprisingly, I still have energy left.

I find that I really need my computer calendar and To Do lists.   Makes my life a lot easier to handle if I don't have to keep track of things via paper lists or to keep things in my head.  I used to hold off on bills until just before the due date so that I would have the use of my money in the bank for those extra days to collect interest, but it's way better for me to pay the bills on line as they arrive and then put them in the filing pile.  I love paying bills on line.  Cheaper, for one thing, without having to pay for postage.  Less paper to handle, and writing checks takes time.  Where possible, I have bills paid directly from our account monthly, and I don't need to keep those in mind either.  Anyway, the system we have works for me.

I uploaded my book lists to The Library Thing this week.  It took me a while to figure out how to do that - I already have an account on Goodreads.com, and I wanted to upload that list to TLT.  Maybe it's me, but I had a really hard time figuring out how to do that, and didn't want to have to do it by hand.  My list of books is over 430, counting those on my " have read" list and "to be read",  way to many to do by hand.  I'm still learning about the Library Thing site and how to use it.  I love Goodreads.com and have belonged to that site for six months or more.  One reason my TBR list is as long as it is is because of people's reviews and recommendations of books.  I try to add a review of books as I finish them to give others an opportunity to get another person's viewpoint.   So far, I think I've published 20 reviews.  For any of you who are readers and like to keep track of what you've read, either of these sites, or both, are great.  I regard them as on line book clubs.

2 comments:

  1. What kind of books do you like to read? Jodi Piccoult is one of my favorite authors as is Anita Schreve but I'm always looking for suggestions. I just read "Change of Heart" Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like women's fiction, mostly, interactions between characters, well-developed plots. Elizabeth Berg, Amy Tan, Martha Grimes, Elizabeth George, Kristin Hannah, Anne Tyler, Margaret Atwood, Joann Harris, Kasuo Ishiguru, and Elizabeth Strout are some favorite authors of mine. If you would like a list of favorite books of mine, I'll give it to you.

    ReplyDelete