Friday, June 11, 2010

The Weekend Begins

Good for me, I started my exercise program today.  Went to the park and walked the loop all around it.  Couldn't walk very briskly, but I did it, and it's the beginning.  Don't know the distance, but it could be 1/2 - 3/4 mile or more.  Tonight Jim and I went to Olive Garden for dinner.  I had a glass of red wine, the salad bowl and a flatbread appetizer with fresh tomato, basil and melted cheese.  It wasn't very big, but I brought half home, along with half Jim's meal.  Small steps.  Oh, I did also bring home a chocolate gelato with caramel and chocolate chips to go ...

Yard sailing tomorrow, along with the Honfest in the Hampden neighborhood of Baltimore.  That should be fun.  I'll have my camera with me to capture the flavor of this annual event.  Think of Hairspray, beehive hairdos, cat's eye-glasses frames, spandex pants, leopard print clothing, pink flamingos and the 60's, and you'll get a sense of what it's all about.  It gets its name as in the expression, "Hey Hon!" from the Cafe Hon in Baltimore.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment