Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Errands

Made a hair appointment for this afternoon, and it was good to get it cut - sure needed it.  My hair dresser and I still aren't on the same page, but it's better than it was the last time I went.  Somehow she has me pegged for an old lady style, and I have to fix it once I leave the shop.  I want to look as youthful as I can, as we all do, and she must see me as someone older.  But she's a nice lady, and a widow, and needs the money, yada, yada, yada ...

When I left there I stopped at Lowe's and bought some plants to put into the patio containers.  It will bring some nice color out there and brighten things up.  I planned to do some of that tomorrow, but Sharon called and reminded me that we have a Red Hat lunch tomorrow.  I hadn't forgotten about it, but I had it in my mind that it was next week, not this one.  Sigh ... hadn't really wanted to go to this one - a Western themed restaurant called Stables, but I'll go.  I enjoy getting together with the women in our chapter, which we've had for nearly 7 years, but I really don't like the dressing up in red hats and purple outfits.  That part of it is getting old, and I'm not the only one who thinks so.  For one thing, it makes stopping on the way back a conspicuous undertaking.  Nothing subtle about looking like a Senior Hooker.  So I suppose the potting soil will have to wait until another time.

Spent some time this evening with the photos I took on the trip to Florida.  I cropped, straightened, and edited almost all of them, but still didn't finish.  I deleted the ones that weren't good or were too similar, but I need to go back through them again and organize and eliminate some more.  The thing with digital cameras, at least for me, is that since I don't need to worry about having them developed, I can take as many as I like, willy nilly, and deal with them all later on.  I must remember to be more discriminating - at least when in the "cutting room."  This photo was taken at the Lion Safari Park on our Florida vacation in March.


No comments:

Post a Comment