Monday, April 19, 2010

A New Week

Another beautiful spring day here!  One of the large azalea bushes in back is in full bloom with beautiful lavender flowers.  The smaller azaleas are also blooming, surrounding the house on the hilltop.  This is the best time of year.  All is fresh and green and in bloom, and the bugs and weeds aren't out yet.

I spent time this afternoon with my sewing machine making a couple of scrap pieced projects.  One is a bookmark, the other a potholder.  I think they both came out pretty well.  Not perfect, but nearly so.  I have to keep reminding myself that handmade items aren't going to be perfect, because they are handmade.   Anyway, they are gifts for a friend for her birthday, and I still have one thing left to make for her - by Friday.  Click on the bookmark to enlarge it.  Check out the little kitty peeking through at the bottom.  Cute, huh?

Our kitties have been clingy today.  I think it's because they missed us.  It's nice to be loved ...

No comments:

Post a Comment